UPDATE ONE: The new PUBG Mobile update is being released in waves, with the first expected to arrive in a few short hours.
Patch notes for update 0.13.0 have already been released and can be found at the bottom of this article. And it appears Android and iOS downloads will be going live soon.
The new PUBG update is expected to go live early on June 12 in the UK, probably around 1am, BST. The good news is whenever it does arrive, everyone should have the new content before the end of Wednesday, local time.
ORIGINAL: The latest PUBG Mobile update is being released this week by Tencent, who will start the process by taking servers offline.
Scheduled maintenance has been confirmed for the early morning of Tuesday, June 11, for both Android and iOS platforms.
This will mean that PUBG Mobile will be unplayable until the maintenance has finished. And Tencent has warned that the PUBG update that will follow this downtime is going to be big.
The support team has confirmed that gamers will need to have a certain amount of free space on their devices to make way for patch 0.13.0.
They have also warned that PUBG Mobile server downtime will begin at around 1am in the UK and could last up to eight hours.
Here’s more from the Tencent support team in a new statement that explains: “PUBG Mobile will be taken offline from 00:00:00 to 08:00:00 (UTC) on 11 June 2019 for maintenance.
“Please make sure your device has enough storage space for this update: 1.98 GB for Android and 2.45 GB on iOS.
“The new version will be available starting 12 June 2019. Update before 19 June 2019 to get Outfit Box III (7d) and 1,888 BP.”
As stated above, the new PUBG Mobile update will not be available to download and play straight after maintenance.
There’s a chance that the patch will be available to download, but its contents will not be available to enjoy until Wednesday, June 12.
It seems likely that the PUBG Mobile update will go live gradually across the world, meaning some gamers will have it before others.
The good news is that everyone should have it and be able to play it before the end of June 12. A huge list of changes have been revealed in early patch notes today, minus any bug fixes.
However, that doesn’t mean there won’t be any, with the Tencent statement adding: “Most bug fixes previously have not been included in notes.
“I’ve just returned from HQ where I met with the team on ways we can get this information out to you, as well as better ways of soliciting feedback on bugs we’d like more information on from the community. The first of the latter posts should go up later today.”
The biggest addition will be the new deathmatch mode, which has been under testing via a recent open beta. Another significant change has been made to the Vikendi maps, where players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on the snow.
There are a ton of things to report from the patch notes, which can be found below:
PATCH NOTES FOR PUBG MOBILE
• Added Team Deathmatch mode to EvoGround. This new mode features fast-paced firefights in both FPP and TPP. Players can also create their own rooms with room cards.
• Added control settings for FPP. Players can now have separate settings for FPP and TPP.
• Upgraded 3rd party app detection system and enhanced detection of cheating behavior via Virtual App, emulators and modifiers.
• Added MVP showcase system at the end of each match. All players will receive a default MVP pose. The top 3 players in Classic mode or the MVP of the winning squad in TDM will be featured.
• In Vikendi, players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on snow.
• Added a dedicated button for climbing that can be enabled in the settings.
• When killed bv friendly fire, now players can decide if the teammate should Iose merit or not.
• Added a Godzilla theme. Godzilla themed lobby background will be available together with many themed events and rewards after the update.
• Added new popularity gift and ranking reward. Every Week, the top 100 players in the list may collect the title All-time Popularity or Recent Popularity.
• Added Charisma Ranking. The permanent outfits and firearm/vehicle finishes collected by a player will increase their Charisma.
▪︎Survive Till Dawn and Darkest Night changes:
• The old zombies have been replaced by 4 types of new zombies.
• Liquid Nitrogen Grenades now leave behind a cloud of freezing smoke on the ground for a long period after explosion, reducing the movement speed of any unit in the area.
• Added new mode combat modifiers.
• Certain zombies now have new abilities: Tanks will empower nearby allies; Skinners can slow nearby players.
• A new factory has replaced the police station.
• Players can Now Combine items in batches.
• Equipped items will be displayed on top
• Duplicated new items will no longer be indicated by a red dot and the “new” tag.
• The Backpack and Helmet tabs have been moved to the Customization tab.
Protective items are now 25% more durable. Their effectiveness remains unchanged.
• Players can now bolt/reload a bolt action rifle while moving instead of completing the process while aiming down sights.
• Improved the animation in FPP when running while holding an SMG.
•Vehicles now have improved feedback on explosions. • Event Center now has improved interactions and better tutorials for the event missions.
• Crew Challenge Qualifying Round has been expanded. Now 6 qualifying matches will be held every day, up from 5. Each squad can participate up to 3 matches per day, up from 2. Each squad is allowed to participate a total of 18 qualifying matches, up from 12. And new items have been added to the Crew Shop.
• Players who have registered for Crew Challenge will now receive a notice 10 minutes before a match starts.
• Players can now collect all rewards from daily missions, progress missions and achievements all at once.
• Added 3 new Clan Insignias for Lv. 7, Lv. 9, and Lv. 10.
• Added a latency indicator to the main screen. Green, yellow, and red represents a good, average, or bad connection.